An email marketer is only as good as their email list, and their email list is only as good as the tools they use to build it. This article is dedicated to helping you find email addresses. There is no shortage of email search engines to cultivate your email marketing list, but it’s important to choose the right one for your business.
Here are the 14 best email search engines to build your list and the ways they can help your business grow.
- 14 Top Email Search Engines to Find Anyone’s Email Address
- How to Choose the Best Email Search Engine
- Email Search Engine FAQs
- What to Remember About Email Search Engines
14 Top Email Search Engines to Find Anyone’s Email Address
To help you build the highest-quality contact list possible, here are 14 top email search engines to find anyone’s email address.
UpLead’s email finder is an industry-leading tool that is simple, streamlined, and extremely reliable. With a 95% data accuracy guarantee, you know you’ll get high-quality data each and every time.
This tool isn’t just an email search engine; it also allows you to mass search, validate emails, and start building your contact list. Here are some top features of UpLead’s email finder:
- Simple, streamlined platform that makes it easy to find email addresses
- Validate and save your email lists in real-time
- Only pay for verified data
- Prices range from $74 to $299 per month, and you can even try the full UpLead platform for free
EmailSearch.io is a simplified search engine that operates on a bare-bones interface and has a narrow scope of service. While they only offer an email search engine, it’s a fairly powerful one. You can find email addresses through a domain, LinkedIn, or company search. Their platform has contacts from over 20 million companies worldwide.
Here are some important things to know about EmailSearch.io:
- Platform is very easy to use
- Narrow scope, only an email search engine
- Have to pay extra for email verifications
- No free trial—prices range from $29 to $99 per month
3. Find That Email
The self-proclaimed “Yellow Pages of Email”, Find That Email is another popular email search engine that offers impressive integration with popular apps. While the website and interface may seem a little clunky, the search engine is quite versatile. You can search by company, name, or domain. They also offer the ability to search in bulk.
Here’s what you should know about Find That Email before signing up:
- Can be used to find email addresses on social networks
- Includes a bulk email finder
- Verifying email addresses costs extra
- Integrates with over 500 apps
- Complex pricing structure broken up into find, verify, or a combination of both
- Prices range from a free version to over $2,000 per month depending on your search needs
Built with large businesses in mind, Lusha is an all-inclusive email search engine and B2B prospecting platform. Here’s what you should know about Lusha:
- Offers a prospecting platform and various integrations
- Intuitive, easy to navigate platform
- Cost may not be as straightforward as it seems—pricing is determined per user (as opposed to a single plan price that includes a set number of users)
Hunter is a platform that is primarily focused on email address searches and verification. The platform is easy to use and makes searching for email addresses—and validating them—a breeze. Here are some things you should know about Hunter:
- Somewhat broader scope of service—allows you to find and verify emails as well as manage campaigns
- Prices can get a bit expensive depending on your business needs
If Hunter doesn’t seem like the right fit for you, here are some alternatives you can try.
6. Voila Norbert
Another strong contender in the lineup, Voila Norbert allows you to search for email addresses in a variety of ways. From manual entry to bulk lookup, Voila Norbert is a fairly simple platform that can benefit users looking to find and validate a small number of email addresses.
Here’s what you should know about Voila Norbert:
- Pricing can be very complex and is broken up into three categories: Prospecting, Verify, and Enrich. Do your research about each plan before purchasing
- Intuitive platform that’s easy to use
- Some of the site’s content is poorly written. While this doesn’t reduce the tool’s effectiveness, it does make the platform seem less professional
FindEmails is solely focused on email search and verification and is designed for low to medium-volume email search, as well as verification. Here are some key points to focus on when considering FindEmails as an email search engine tool.
- Clean, easy-to-use interface with verification services included
- Pricing is straightforward, ranging from $29 to $99 per month
- Not ideal for high-volume users, even at the most expensive price point
8. Clearbit Connect
Clearbit Connect has a unique approach to finding and verifying emails. Their tool works directly through your email inbox. The integration into major email providers lets you search and verify while signed in to your email platform rather than an external, separate database. Here are some other highlights of Clearbit Connect’s service:
- The plugin is free, making it a great option for teams with low budgets or those wanting to test out a few tools
- Limited platform scope – with no dedicated search engine or external tool, campaign management and list building isn’t included
9. AnyMail Finder
Search for verified email addresses individually or by company with AnyMail Finder. With a focus on accuracy and real-time verification, AnyMail Finder is another good service for teams that aren’t working with an extremely high volume of email searches. While on the pricier side, the platform is modern and intuitive, and you only pay for valid data. Here’s what else you should know about AnyMail Finder:
- Only pay for valid, verified email addresses, and never pay for any duplicates
- Not ideal for high-volume searches, and more expensive than other services with similar features/price structures
- Streamlined integration
Designed with full campaign management in mind, ContactOut has a good lineup of tools included with their monthly subscription. If you’re looking for a search engine that also focuses on email campaign management, this may be a good option.
With LinkedIn sourcing options, the ability to save profiles, and data enrichment, ContactOut is designed for a team ready to launch a comprehensive email campaign. Here’s some additional information you should know about ContactOut:
- Expensive when compared to other services, however, you’ll get a large lineup of tools as opposed to just an email search engine
- Unlimited searches directly in the browser extension, meaning you don’t pay per search
- Focuses on LinkedIn contacts but also has the ability to source contacts outside of LinkedIn
Discoverly is a tool that integrates directly into Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, and other popular platforms, allowing you to see full contact information as you’re reaching out to someone. While it doesn’t work like a traditional email search engine, it can help you gain insights and information about potential contacts. Here’s what else Discoverly can do for you:
- Connect to Gmail to see work and social media information about a contact
- Connect to social media accounts to view cross-platform contact information
- Discoverly can be integrated for free
RocketReach is an email search engine that’s relatively expensive for individual use, however, it can make sense for large teams and enterprises. If you’re part of a bigger team looking to complete bulk email searches, here are some things you should know about RocketReach:
- Uploads bulk lists for mass searches
- Integrates into popular platforms
- Locates email, phone, and other contact information
- Enterprise and team pricing not visible online – costs are determined after speaking with a sales team, which isn’t ideal
Built for sales, marketing, and recruiting, LeadFuze is a popular prospecting tool that allows you to integrate the platform into some of your favorite programs. While the site design seems a bit outdated, the platform is streamlined and easy to use. Here’s what else you should know about LeadFuze:
- Integrates with top platforms such as Mailshake, Zapier, and Google Sheets
- Limited plan options—the base plan is fairly expensive compared to other companies
- Runs deep searches with queries that go beyond name and company
SellHack offers email verification, bulk email searches, and a sales dashboard to automate your next campaign. This tool is ideal for small teams looking to start a low-volume campaign. It’s a good option for startups or teams just getting into email marketing. Here are some more key points about SellHack:
- Great for low-volume campaigns
- Prices range from $3 to $60 per month
- Not ideal for high-volume email search requirements. Highest tier plan aligns with low-end plans at other services
- Easy-to-install Chrome extension
How to Choose the Best Email Search Engine
When choosing the best email search engine, consider more than the service price. The factors below will help you assess and choose the right email search engine for your business.
A good accuracy rate is a vital part of a successful email search engine. How accurate is the tool? You don’t want to pay to access a database that doesn’t have valid data. How often does the database update?
Sources of Information
Consider where the information is being pulled from. Many search engines will allow you to perform searches from various sources; i.e., a domain search, social media search, or company search. Think through the source options and where you may find the best results for your search. You may also want to consider a service capable of searching for personal email addresses.
What does the platform provide beyond an email search engine? Are there verification services, app integration capabilities, campaign management tools, and more? Do you have to pay more for these additional services? Some search engines come with a multitude of built-in features, while others require you to pay for each additional service you might need.
Email Search Engine FAQs
Here are some top questions and answers when it comes to email search engines.
What is the best email search engine?
As you can see, there are tons of email search engines out there—some better than others. The best email search engine is the one that meets all of your needs and can help your business grow.
Is there a free email lookup?
While there are free email lookup tools, they’re often inaccurate and outdated. If you aren’t paying for an email search engine service, chances are you’re going to be spending a lot of time manually cleaning up and validating your email lists. That being said, free tools or free trials are a great way to test out a service before you commit to a purchase.
How do I find an accurate email address?
Finding an accurate email address always comes back to the email search service that you’re using, which is why UpLead provides a 95% data accuracy guarantee. Pay close attention to accuracy rates. If you have the opportunity to use the tool for free, try a few searches to find email addresses you already know and see if you get accurate results.
What to Remember About Email Search Engines
Remember, the quality of your email contact list is only as good as the tools you use to build it. Choosing the right email search engine is an extremely important decision. You don’t want to waste money on a service that doesn’t work for you and your business. The right search engine is about more than just the price. You should also consider the tool’s features and accuracy rates when making your decision.