The right email permutators can help you find all the email addresses you need and expedite your prospecting process.
However, not all email permutators are created equal. That’s why we’ve listed the best email permutator tools and compared them with the competition to see how they measure up.
By the end of this article, you’ll know exactly which email permutator is the best fit for you.
Let’s get started.
- Email Finders vs Email Permutators: Which Do You Need?
- Top 5 Email Permutator Tools to Try Today
- What You Need to Remember About Email Permuators
Email Finders vs Email Permutators: Which Do You Need?
Email finders and email permutators sound like the same thing. After all, they both find people’s email addresses, right?
Here’s the difference: email finders locate already validated email addresses. On the other hand, email permutators draw on an individual’s information to create a list of possible email addresses.
Email permutators often come with a verification tool (sometimes referred to as a “bouncer”) to figure out which of the generated valid email addresses are valid. If an email permutator doesn’t come with a bouncer, you’ll have to run the list of potential email addresses through a separate verification tool to identify the valid addresses and discard the rest.
Since email permutators merely “guess” email addresses, they only make up part of the equation. Therefore, they’re often better utilized as a feature within email finder tools, than as your main source of email leads. After all, with email finders, the result is reliable email addresses for your leads; and if it’s a top-notch tool, you’ll also get other valuable lead data that can only come from a large and carefully-curated profile list.
For this reason, it’s always better to start with a comprehensive email finder that integrates email permutation into its overall process.
Top 5 Email Permutator Tools to Try Today
Here are some of the best tools out there for email permutation:
UpLead is a powerful online email finder tool with a robust permutator to ensure a reliable email generation process.
With UpLead, you can ensure you find the most reliable email addresses thanks to its vast database of high-quality leads. With a 95% data accuracy guarantee, UpLead allows you to find reliable email addresses almost on command. And, when you need to go deeper, you can always use UpLead’s email permutator tool to generate different email combinations. With it, you can generate different potential emails, using UpLead’s verification tool to pick the valid one.
To ensure you always get valid email addresses, an email verification tool weeds out invalid data, which helps ensure deliverability.
UpLead doesn’t just generate email addresses. They can help you find full professional profiles, including demographics, technographic information, and even profile images and social media profiles, when available.
With UpLead, you can easily find anyone’s email address, and much, much more.
Try UpLead for free today and see if it’s the right fit for you.
2. Metric Sparrow Email Permutator+
Metric Sparrow’s Email Permutator+ is a free tool available to anyone looking for an email permutator online.
Users can enter first and last names along with domains. Middle names or nicknames can be added to generate a variety of more personalized email addresses. Metric Sparrow will then permutate addresses based on the information entered.
Here are some pros of Metric Sparrow’s tool:
- Free tool: The tool is available in full for free.
- Easy to use: Users can simply input the information they have.
- Unlimited searches: Users can permutate addresses indefinitely.
- Can support multiple domains: The tool allows users to include up to 3 domains per name in the email permutation process.
- Provides multiple results: Can provide up to 46 email address combinations.
Here are some drawbacks of using Metric Sparrow:
- No bulk email generation: The time-consuming process of manually inputting information makes bulk email generation impossible.
- Doesn’t have a bounce check tool: You’ll have to pair it with a third-party email verification tool.
3. Foxfire’s Email Permutator
Another free, although somewhat limited and low-tech way to try to determine someone’s email address is through Foxfire’s email permutator. Built on Google Sheets, this simple email permutator can be downloaded and used to instantly generate dozens of email address combinations.
Although fairly limited, this simple tool can be used on or offline to generate potential email addresses.
Here are some of the pros of using Foxfire’s email permutator:
- Free to use: Just access the Google Sheets file or copy it to your Drive.
- Provides multiple results: This email permutator can generate up to 33 email combinations.
- On or offline results: You can download the spreadsheet to your computer to use as a simple email permutator anytime.
Here are some cons of using Foxfire’s email permutator:
- Limited tool: The spreadsheet has limited capabilities and works manually and somewhat slowly.
- No email verification: Needs to be paired with an email verification tool to serve as an effective email finder.
Mailmeteor offers a free email permutator that allows users to guess people’s email addresses without leaving their Gmail app.
With this Gmail add-on, users can find email addresses using a person’s full name, nickname, and one domain. Gmail has an extension to directly access the generated emails. This is useful since the tool doesn’t pack a verification feature, and instead offers the beta version of an email checker with limited capabilities.
Here are some pros of using Mailmeteor’s email permutator tool:
- Free tool: Users can access the tool by using a free Gmail extension.
- Multiple results: The tool offers up to 34 potential email addresses.
- Cold emailing features: This free tool works along with the rest of Mailmeteor’s suite of email marketing tools, including an email checker.
Here are some cons of using Mailmeteor’s email permutator tool:
- Can’t generate email addresses in bulk: Like many other options, the time-consuming process of generating an email address makes bulk email generation impossible.
- Limited email checker: Using the beta version of an email checker may be too risky for some who may need a separate, proven tool.
5. Email Permutator Spreadsheet by Rob Ousbey
The last of our top five, this classic tool made by Rob Ousbey has been the blueprint for many modern email permutators.
Said to have been created while Ousbey was working on link building, the platform is fairly capable, although not as easy to use as most modern email permutators.
Here are some pros of using Ousbey’s spreadsheet as an email permutator:
- Very capable: This simple spreadsheet can generate an impressive 46 email combinations.
- Free to use: There is no cost to use the spreadsheet.
Here are some cons of using Ousbey’s spreadsheet as an email permutator:
- Limited capabilities: The platform can only generate email addresses from one full name and one domain address, so it isn’t an ideal way to find email addresses for people associated with multiple domains.
- Somewhat hard to use: While other tools make it simple to input and find data, this spreadsheet may take some getting used to.
Here are answers to common questions regarding email permutators.
What is an email permutator?
An email permutator is a tool made to guess someone’s email address using their public data. Email permutators often use a combination of the person’s name, nickname, and domain or company name to generate a list of possible email addresses.
Since these tools only generate potential email addresses, they’ll often need a verification tool to find whether any of them are valid and in use. You can, however, use tools like UpLead to get the best of both worlds in a single solution.
How does an email permutator work?
Email permutators mix information typically used when creating an email address to generate combinations of potential email addresses.
Most individuals and companies follow specific patterns to create new email addresses. Email permutators are programmed to mimic those patterns to find possible combinations. Users can then take the email list and verify which email addresses are valid.
What You Need to Remember About Email Permuators
Email permutators are useful tools to guess hard-to-find email addresses. These tools are usually free and can be especially valuable when looking to generate email addresses that are not yet public, and therefore, have not yet been targeted by the competition.
However, email permutators are not the best way of generating email addresses reliably or constantly. The time-consuming process of inputting user information and generating a list of dozens of potential addresses isn’t exactly efficient.
If you want to generate verified email addresses with a trusted tool, you need an email finder like UpLead. With UpLead, you can mix email generation with email permutation to ensure you get the email addresses you need. UpLead validates all email addresses automatically, making it an indispensable tool for your next marketing campaign.