If you work in B2B, and you need to connect with business buyers on a regular basis, you’re probably familiar with LinkedIn.
Aside from using LinkedIn to network with prospects, many sales and marketing teams also used LinkedIn Sales Navigator to generate leads and build relationships with these leads.
In this article, we’ll walk you through all you need to know about LinkedIn Sales Navigator, including:
- What is LinkedIn Sales Navigator
- LinkedIn Sales Navigator Costs & Pricing
- How to use LinkedIn Sales Navigator
- LinkedIn Premium vs Sales Navigator
- Alternatives to LinkedIn Sales Navigator
Read on to find out more!
What is LinkedIn Sales Navigator?
LinkedIn Sales Navigator is a tool that helps you target the right buyers, understand key insights, and engage with personalized outreach.
This tool essentially builds upon the free LinkedIn searches that all LinkedIn members are able to conduct. Here are some advantages that you’ll unlock after signing up for LinkedIn Sales Navigator:
- Ability to view 2,500 profiles per month (up from 1,000)
- Access to a personalized newsfeed showing only your saved contacts
- Access to additional search filters
- Ability to create notes and tags for your contacts
- Ability to save searches
LinkedIn Sales Navigator Costs & Pricing
Wondering how much is the LinkedIn Sales Navigator? The tool will set you back by $64.99 onwards per month, depending on which of the three plans you choose.
Here’s a breakdown of each plan:
|Price (Annual Plan)||$64.99 per month||$103.33 per license||Contact for quote|
|Price (Monthly Plan)||$79.99 per month||$134.99 per license||Contact for quote|
|Features||✓ 20 InMail messages per month
✓ Who’s viewed your profile
✓ Extended LinkedIn network access
✓ Advanced lead and company search
✓ Lead and account recommendations
✓ Custom Lists
✓ Territory preferences
✓ Job change alerts
✓ Prospect and company news alerts
✓ Email integrations (Gmail, Outlook Web)
✓ Notes and tags
✓ Learning center
✓ Includes Premium Career*
✓ Sales Navigator Mobile App
|All features from Professional, plus:
✓ +10 additional InMail messages per month
✓ 10 PointDrive presentations per month
✓ Team network warm introductions with TeamLink
✓ Organic Marketing Alerts
✓ CRM integrations
✓ Sharing Custom Lists
✓ 25 Out-of-network unlocks per month
✓ Basic seat management
✓ Usage reporting
|All features from Team, plus:
✓ +20 additional InMail messages per month
✓ Unlimited PointDrive presentations per month
✓ Company network warm introductions with TeamLink Extend
✓ Single-sign-on integrations
✓ Enterprise-grade seat management
How to use LinkedIn Sales Navigator
In this section, we’ll give you a brief overview of how to use LinkedIn Sales Navigator to generate leads and engage prospects. Read on to learn more!
Generating leads with LinkedIn Sales Navigator
To use LinkedIn Sales Navigator to identify leads, do the following:
- Search for leads that fit your Ideal Customer Persona using the Premium Search filters (geography, sector, company size, company revenue, and more).
- Look for names where you have at least a second degree connection, and add these to your list of target companies.
- Feed this list into Lead Builder and filter for relevant titles (Marketing Director, CMO, etc) to ensure that you’re reaching out to decision-makers.
- Browse your prospect’s LinkedIn Profile, and look at the “In Common” panel to see the commonalities between you and them.
- Configure Lead Recommendations to automatically receive leads based on your saved leads. This will generate a constant influx of prospects for you, including decision-makers whose profiles are similar to those that you’ve saved.
Engaging prospects with LinkedIn Sales Navigator
To use LinkedIn Sales Navigator to engage your prospects, do the following:
- Save your leads so that LinkedIn will alert you to any relevant changes (including job changes, critiques of a competitor’s solution, any anything else that signifies a potential opportunity.)
- Use the CRM widget to automatically sync your data to Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, or whatever CRM you’re using. This keeps your data fresh, and allows your sales team to reach out with proper context.
LinkedIn Premium vs Sales Navigator
Pop quiz: what’s the difference between LinkedIn Premium and LinkedIn Sales Navigator?
In a nutshell, LinkedIn Premium gives individuals extended network access, which makes it a great fit for job seekers or recruiters.
LinkedIn Sales Navigator, on the other hand, is a more powerful and feature-rich tool that allows sales reps or marketers to identify and connect with the right prospects.
More specifically, here are the features that come exclusively with LinkedIn Sales Navigator (and not LinkedIn Premium):
- Advanced Sales Specific Search Tools
- Saved Leads
- Automatic Lead & Account Recommendations
- Territory Preferences
- Custom Lists
- Job Change Alerts
- Prospect & Company News Alerts
- Notes & Tags
- Sales Navigator for Gmail
- Sales Navigator Learning Center
- Dedicated Mobile App
If you’re in sales and marketing, it definitely makes sense to opt for LinkedIn Sales Navigator over LinkedIn Premium.
LinkedIn Sales Navigator Reviews
LinkedIn Sales Navigator is rated 4.2/5 on G2, with most reviewers agreeing that it’s a great lead generation tool. If you’d like to take a look at more in-depth reviews, we’ve also curated some here:
Jeff Molander: “LinkedIn Sales Navigator buys you access, and nothing more. It IS worth the money, only if you have an effective, repeatable way to get buyers talking with you.”
LucidChart: “While sales organizations with little experience selling on LinkedIn should test the waters on the free version first, Sales Navigator is a natural next step for teams who are ready to take their pipelines to the next level.”
Ian Altman: “Sales Navigator can easily be worth the investment, if used for good, not evil. Once you make the investment, be sure to expand your network, and above all, add value to your network.”
Alternatives to LinkedIn Sales Navigator
If you think LinkedIn Sales Navigator is pretty pricey, and you’re shopping around for a more affordable lead generation tool, consider UpLead.
Like LinkedIn Sales Navigator, UpLead is a tool that allows sales and marketing teams to identify high-potential prospects and get in touch with them. UpLead has been around since 2017, and it’s used by the world’s most prestigious and reputable companies, including Dropbox, HubSpot, Salesforce, Accenture, and more.
While UpLead’s pricing doesn’t differ too much from LinkedIn Sales Navigator, you’re actually getting more bang for the buck with UpLead as compared to the Sales Navigator.
Why do we say so? Well, with LinkedIn, assuming you’re reaching out to a prospect whom you’re not already “Connected” with, you’ll have use InMail to message them.
Say you’re paying for a Professional Sales Navigator Plan, billed monthly. This sets you back by $79.99, and gives you 20 InMail messages per month. When you do the math, this works out to $4 per message.
With UpLead, on the other hand, a Basic plan (also priced at $79 per month) gives you 200 monthly credits, which you can use to unlock 200 emails. These emails are verified in real-time (right before you download them), which means that you’re guaranteed accuracy. Again, when you do the math, this works out to $0.40 per message, which is 10x cheaper than what you’re paying with the Sales Navigator.
Bottom line? You can use Sales Navigator and UpLead to achieve the same goals, but UpLead is way more cost-effective as compared to Sales Navigator. Before you decide between the two tools, start a free UpLead trial and see what we have to offer!
Start Your 7-Day Free UpLead Trial
(No Credit Card Needed)